BAY WEST is a specialized trading company in the food, cleaning, laundry and employment sector in Curacao and Bonaire. At Bay West we constantly strive to improve. We put a lot of energy in our staff and offer the possibility to receive training. We are ready for the future and experience continuous growth. Our assortment is always increasing and becomes more specialized as we provide tailor made solutions for our customers. BAY WEST continuously invests in customer relations, products & services and employees.
Our dynamic and innovative team currently has availability for a full time
ALL ROUND MECHANIC (ELECTRO) M/F
As our mechanic you will be responsible for all washing machines and electrical equipment;
- Analyzing interruptions or malfunctions of the machines and fix them to guarantee productivity.
- Optimizing the machinery when it comes to energy and productivity according to the latest technologies (mechanic, electric, pneumatic, steam, gas, etc.)
- Performing routine preventive maintenance as directed to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Actively working together in purchasing new machines or production lines.
- Performing other tasks required and assists in other production departments as needed.
- Someone that feels responsible for a good functioning machinery. You can deal with stress and know how to set your priorities. You are accurate and flexible.
- You will be working closely with the laundry team and be reporting to laundry supervisor.
Do you recognize yourself in the following profile?
- You followed a technical education (MBO level)
- You have knowledge of electronic control systems, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- You are be available from Monday through Friday, some Saturdays and holidays.
- Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in Papiamentu and Dutch or English.
- Be able to interpret service manuals and schematics.
- Perform math functions and equations at high school grade level.
- You have a driver’s license and preferably have your own car.
- Work is performed in an industrial setting. Must be able to tolerate a work environment that is prone to high and low temperature fluctuations, dust, dirt, lint, industrial fluids; be able to lift 50 pounds and be able to stand the majority of the shift, bending, climbing and all other motions and positions necessary to perform maintenance and repairs.
Would you like work for one of Curacaos’ most developing companies and are you looking forward to grow together with us and jump-start your career?
Apply now! Send your CV with motivational letter in English or Dutch to [email protected] attn.. Michel Huiberts before December 1st 2016.